I’m two days late getting my annual review post composed and published. I seem to be forming a pattern as I did the nearly the same thing last year, although I was twice as late then.
The following are high (and low) lights from the past year’s worth of blog posts:
- Read and reviewed the entire Hunger Games trilogy – The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay.
- Participated in the Great World Wide Star Count.
- Embarked on Thirty Days of Thankfulness.
- Popular posts included one on Rottweilers.
- And three involving the Bible, John Wesley and the Muppets.
- Another repeat of the ghastly unHoliday decorations in my building.
- Tempest in a teapot or no parking in Bambi Court.
- Photographed partial and last lunar eclipse of 2011.
- The Moss Family annual electronic Christmas letter.
- My reading recap for 2011.
- Daughter visits during her holiday break and joins a Lyric Opera camp celebration.
- Created a flowchart to help technology challenged Nook owners with their ebook acquisitions and lending transfers.
- Participated in the Kansas City Public Library’s Winter 2012 Reading Program, called ‘Destination: Anywhere.’
- Shared a family favorite marinade featuring honey and garlic, used most often with chicken, but flavors other meats and vegetables well too.
- Day trip to Abilene because I read a non-fiction book on Eisenhower and the Suez Canal Crisis of 1956.
- First stop on my Destination: Anywhere trip landed me in Chicago in the 1890s by reading Devil in the White City.
- My long-time coworker and friend Marge retires.
- Midway through my Destination: Anywhere journey.
- Stayed up late watching a live streamed performance of Handel’s Theodora.
- Hunted and caught Mercury.
- The Wheel of Time rolled me into a reread of that series with the final novel nearly within my grasp.
- Unexpected passing of Roxy.
- My mini Messier marathon … there’s always next year.
- Visited North Texas for Easter.
- My first club star party of the 2012 astronomy season.
- Raising funds and awareness for heart healthiness.
- Celebrated our 26th anniversary with some jazzy friends.
- Attended daughter’s graduation from the University of North Texas.
- Completed my first ever charity walk.
- Photographed and observed a partial solar eclipse.
- Attended my first ever science convention.
- Another partial lunar eclipse.
- Photographed and observed the Transit of Venus.
- My daughter’s 23rd birthday in the same number of photographs.
- Donating blood for the first time in two decades.
- Sharing my daughter’s senior recital.
- Volunteered at my second public night at Powell Observatory.
- Another failed attempt to catch the sliver of a dying moon.
- Observed at my second club star party again at Powell Observatory.
- Adoption of Alexis (aka Lexy).
- Employed for sixteen years at the same place.
- Borrowed a telescope from my astronomy club.
- Painting the ceiling in the purple spare bedroom.
- Found Mercury again without really trying.
- Keeping calm by shopping in downtown Leavenworth.
- Replaced old pedometer with a new and improved model.
- Preserving our apples by making and canning apple butter, apple chutney and applesauce.
- Observed and photographed the Beehive open cluster.
- Attended a lecture and panel discussion on the Battle of Antietam.
- First month’s stats for steps on new pedometer.
- Enjoying the Harvest Moon.